Please carefully review the application requirements below to see if your business may qualify. Wholesale account eligibility is limited to "Green Industry" professions in which a business must be engaged in selling or reselling in the Green Industry.
Examples of Green Industry include, but are not limited to:
Brick and Mortar Floral Shops
Plant scape and plant maintenance for malls, business buildings, etc.
Contractors General Landscape; Sprinkler
CONTRACTOR/BUSINESS ACCOUNT APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
1) An application must be completed for every new cash account.
2) Acceptable payment methods for a Cash (COD) Account are cash and credit cards.
3) Keep in mind that the volume of business conducted with J&J / Great Basin Turf Products (GBTP) will be considered in setting up accounts. This will apply to seasonal items, annuals, lawn fertilizer, bulk landscaping products (e.g. mulch), etc.
Applications are only accepted for businesses in the Green Industry whether you hold a contractor license or not:
• Wholesale Landscape Contractor/Landscape Architect:
We require a copy of your current Contractor License from the Department of Commerce, Department of Licensing (DOPL) showing the classification of S330, 5501, E100 or related business classification. A copy of your current city business license, business card or website address showing that you are an established business as well as proof that you are an established business with Department of Commerce.
• Floral Shops or Home Floral Business/Greenhouse Business: Wholesale Pricing
We require a copy of a current city business license, Nursery or Greenhouse license from the State Department of Agriculture, business card, and a re-sale, sales tax exempt certificate with your state tax number. Also required is proof that the business is established.
• Wholesale Pond/Sprinkler Contractor: Wholesale Pricing
We require a copy of your state contractor license from Department of Licensing (DOPL), a copy of your current city business license and business card.
• General Contractor and Developers, Excavating, Handyman: Wholesale Pricing
Please include a copy of your State Contractor License from the State of Utah Department of Commerce, Department of Licensing (DOPL), a current city business license and business card. Also, Proof that you are set up as a business through State Department of Commerce.
• Interior Design Business/Wedding Venues: Preferred Maintenance Discount
We require a copy of your current city business license and a business card. Also, a tax-exempt certificate with State Sales Tax Exempt Number, and copy of your Interior Design License.
• Agriculture Producer: Preferred Pricing.
(Must present evidence and complete a sales tax-exempt certificate for Agriculture Producer). License copy issued from State Department of Agriculture.
• Preferred (Maintenance) Account: (10% discount on outdoor nursery stock, including trees, shrubs, perennials, ground cover and grasses. 5% off on all other products. Not a licensed contractor. Businesses engaged in yard care, sprinkler repair and maintenance. Maintenance on buildings, apartments, grounds, etc. We require a copy of your current city business license, business card, and/or Articles of Business Licensing with State of Utah, Department of Commerce.
All information above is subject to change without notice. Please contact J&J Wholesale with additional questions. 801-544-1211
Document Version 4/28/21